developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: JVJ has a Kickstarter for ImageS #13  (Read 2377 times)

Offline JVJ (RIP)

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
  • paix
    • ImageS Magazine
JVJ has a Kickstarter for ImageS #13
« on: May 01, 2014, 03:32:27 AM »
Yesterday I launched the Kickstarter campaign to help fund the magazine I've been working on for three years. If you enjoy classic, turn-of-the-century art as much as you enjoy Golden Age comic books, I hope you'll take a look at the project and perhaps make a donation. Here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1694106638/images-magazine-13-the-golden-glory-of-the-art-i-l?ref=email.

It's a feast for the eyes, with a special inkspot section on Norman Lindsay, the Australian artist who was featured in the film, Sirens. Don't miss it.

Thanks for your attention. JVJ (|:{>
http://www.bpib.com/test/Mucha-cover-13-NEW.jpg
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 08:09:20 AM by Yoc »
Peace, Jim (|:{>

JVJ Publishing and VW inc.

Digital Comic Museum

JVJ has a Kickstarter for ImageS #13
« on: May 01, 2014, 03:32:27 AM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Re: JVJ has a Kickstarter for ImageS #13
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 08:04:49 AM »
Looks amazing Jim!
Good luck on this fund raiser.

Drusilla lives!

Re: JVJ has a Kickstarter for ImageS #13
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 08:43:35 AM »
I'd make a donation, but I fear I'd doom the project somehow by doing so. :)

Nevertheless, it looks beautiful Jim... and it is a great way to end ImageS.

Best of luck.

Offline Mark Warner

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
    • Comic Book Plus
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 01:54:54 PM »
Ah .. but it's not donations Jim is after! You are a backer and get summat GREAT for your spondoolies!

I went for the $60 mag and poster. That is all my budget could afford and looks the best deal. But if you are even poorer than me you can just get the mag for $25. I'd like the whole ImageS set for $630.

BUT what my heart REALLY desires is the $1,000 JVJ masterclass in Photoshop. I'd like to learn how to remaster some images for posters. So anyone with a spare grand in loose change PLEASE buy it for me!

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 09:15:54 PM »
I've seen these books in person and they are worth ever penny Jim is asking for them. They are truly beautiful.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Drusilla lives!

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 12:18:23 PM »
Ah .. but it's not donations Jim is after! You are a backer and get summat GREAT for your spondoolies!

I went for the $60 mag and poster. That is all my budget could afford and looks the best deal. But if you are even poorer than me you can just get the mag for $25. I'd like the whole ImageS set for $630.

BUT what my heart REALLY desires is the $1,000 JVJ masterclass in Photoshop. I'd like to learn how to remaster some images for posters. So anyone with a spare grand in loose change PLEASE buy it for me!

Actually, you're right about this Mark... they're not exactly donations, one is getting some great stuff in return.  If one chooses those options.  Didn't really know what a "Kickstarter" program was or could be about, although I do recall hearing the term somewhere before.  

And I'm with you, that whole back catalog of ImageS for $630 isn't really a bad deal.  Especially since half of them are out of print and would be a real hassle to track down... here you would get them all in one shot from the man himself.  Not only am I sure they're nice to look at and loaded with historical info, but for a budding novice artist type (such as myself) it would be a great technical resource to have around as well.  

Sadly though, like you, my pockets they are empty.  :-[

EDIT: Which usually is the case with budding novice artist types. :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:34:00 PM by Drusilla lives! »

Offline tilliban

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
    • FIFTIES HORROR!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 11:40:28 AM »
Just a reminder that the project is in its finish!
FOUR days to go...

Jim has reached his goal, by the way, but is still stretching for the next stage.
So you might consider having a look.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1694106638/images-magazine-13-the-golden-glory-of-the-art-i-l

Thank ye.
Pre-code horror aficionado and propagator of ACE comic books.
I run a number of websites about pre-code horror. Please follow the links.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 04:54:22 PM »
Just a final update to this topic.
Jim was able to meet all his goals and produce his last issue of ImageS exactly as he hoped it would be done.

Bravo to everyone, especially to Jim!
:D